New GW2 teaser

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New GW2 teaser

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:18 am

I think this one's new. Posted on youtube 2 hours ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdr8HHJ-zU

Back to top Go down

Re: New GW2 teaser

Post by Pez of Metropolis on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 am

SICK!!!! I think my first char will either be a Charr or an Elf, or a Human... Not sure which yet though.
Pez of Metropolis
Moonite
Moonite

Male Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:01 pm

I like Sylvari but I fear that they will be somewhat underpowered. Healers and supporters with no solo power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valynn Lionhart on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Thank you for posting this, Johan. Very cool. cheers

Moonarch

Female Libra Horse

http://serenitymoon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Nice !

But I still need more info before making a decision. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by SAL on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Very cool. Smile

It looks like my guess that they may keep the old professions might be true, at least for the humans. You can clearly notice some outfits among them that resemble the different classes from GW1. You can also see different classes among the Sylvari, where some Sylvari look drastically different than the others, in terms of outfits in particular. But it's hard to tell for sure whether they're also the classes you can play in GW1 or not.

Maya wrote:I like Sylvari but I fear that they will be somewhat underpowered. Healers and supporters with no solo power.
If I had to guess, I'd say that with the Sylvari's apparent plant creature Minion Master type abilities, they may make the best solo'ers (aside from possibly the Asuras' Golem summoning abilities).

Moonarch
Moonarch

Male Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Looks really epic ))
I really like Sylvari part but i fear about male character look.
Waiting waiting..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:33 am

I just got around to checking it out. For me, it tells me absolutely nothing. I can't figure out how the characters will actually play.

I do wonder if characters will be like they are in GW where every choice in terms of selecting skills is reversible. Or will they make it so choices affect a character permantly. Like with feats in AD&D or in the Diablo style games. Maybe if I knew anything about other online games I would know but this is the only one I have ever played.

Back to top Go down

Post by SAL on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 pm

scienter wrote:I just got around to checking it out. For me, it tells me absolutely nothing. I can't figure out how the characters will actually play.
I do wonder if characters will be like they are in GW where every choice in terms of selecting skills is reversible. Or will they make it so choices affect a character permantly. Like with feats in AD&D or in the Diablo style games. Maybe if I knew anything about other online games I would know but this is the only one I have ever played.
I think we can assume some things about the general character creation/development from looking at how the company liked doing it in GW1. They started out with a semi-reversible method of character development involving attribute "refund points", but then ended up changing that fairly early on to a more freely modifiable attribute points system, which they haven't changed since. I think this indicates that they really don't seem to like locking players into very much at all. I foresee the only things being unchangeable about your character in GW2 to be race, and possibly appearance (though with the new ability to buy a change of appearance in GW1, it now makes me doubt even this one).

Moonarch
Moonarch

Male Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I really like the fact that you character skills are completely customizable. It's one of the things I enjoy about GW, you don;t have to worry about taking risks and is more likely to lead to experimentation.

Back to top Go down

Post by SAL on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 am

Chris wrote:I really like the fact that you character skills are completely customizable. It's one of the things I enjoy about GW, you don;t have to worry about taking risks and is more likely to lead to experimentation.
Yeah, that's something that I think most people who play GW like about it, so I'm pretty sure that they'll definitely try to carry that same level of customization freedom over into GW2.

Moonarch
Moonarch

Male Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 am

GW2 I am not going to play untill i get all the title in my monument first. When is the release date

Back to top Go down

Post by Valynn Lionhart on Mon May 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Pre purchase date is November 2 or 3, 2010. Not sure the actual release date.

Moonarch

Female Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

It tells else nothing and is just a concept art video because this was released in December 2009 as an introduction to the races. Anything that is going to show us the love will be on guildwars2.com and should have information rolling in weekly now. Have to remember though the game is not finished and information they give us now could change by the beta test, and than after the public test could change even further from the games current state.

The video is cool because we get to see some of the animations in battle and some skills used. At the very start of it we learn of Logan Thackeray of Kryta. This would be Lieutenant Keiran Thackeray of the vanguard great grand child. Keiran right now is trying to court Gwen but, I suspect that "Logan" is the leader of the people in Kryta because his great grandmother was Princess Salma who right now is fighting for her peoples freedom.

The video also shows us architecture of the buildings and who built them/ who lives there. Most buildings in GW2 you will be able to walk into, seeing the mansion at 49 seconds mark is cool.
There is a town with Ascalon and Canthan buildings. The Canthan building all seem to be lower on the ground, where the Ascalon's are elevated as if to show dominance. These Canthan's are probably refugees,
we know from the lore that the dragons and their armies make it impossible to get to the lands of Cantha or Elona.

It costs a lot of money to do the high-end CGI graphics, the two videos for Proph's and Factions both cost $100,000. So these videos with in game footage and moving concept art pieces is a good solution to keep costs down and have Anet spend the money on the game rather than some pretty looking movie that as very little to do with the game it's self. Also known As, I like these type of videos.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top