Information on the next skill update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Information on the next skill update

Post by SAL on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 pm

There's a thread on guru made by Regina Buenaobra (Gaile Gray's replacement) talking about the next skill update. Just CLICK HERE to read all about it.

I don't care about the PvP stuff, but I love what I'm hearing about PvE for this upcoming skill balance. By now I'm sure you all know my position on Shadow Form needing a change. I'm also in favor of getting rid of the 600/Smite build, even though it's nowhere near as much a problem as Shadow Form is. I've also been waiting for what I've considered a much-needed Warrior update for quite a while now, and most of my concerns have been about the Tactics stances. I agree that the Tactics line is pretty weak overall right now, but it's really the stances that need an overhaul the most, ever since they nerfed balanced them for PvP without splitting them. I'd love to be able to use hammer mastery in PvE without feeling like I'm shooting myself in the foot.

Last edited by Arcana on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Moonarch
Moonarch

Male Gemini Dragon

http://serenitymoon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Information on the next skill update

Post by Valynn Lionhart on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:17 am

I think it is about time to change some things. I really do not like it when a build takes over so much in PvE, that it kills the fun of a balanced team doing elites. I have been disappointed with perma assassins especially monopolizing teams in UW and FOW specifically. There is more than one class in the game, and I like it when I am in a team with multiple classes that are performing functions specific to THEIR OWN CLASS that helps us succeed in our mission. 600/perma form needs to be changed, and other things need to be strengthened.

And in other news: Leave my ritualist alone! Spirit Spamming is NOT game breaking nor unbalanced, and it does NOT replace other classes efficiency in high end game play. All their previous buff did was make them a more viable class as well as more fun.

Moonarch

Female Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:05 am

Hurray for better warriors!

Boo for worse 600/Smite. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:31 am

I agree with Vanessa. The worst thing about this game is for every good team build I'm looking up there's always one or two permas. At least it sure feels like that sometimes. This is where we should work together and come up with other team builds that do not rely on the permasin. Sure it's impossible to find PUGs with a special and non-meta build but in a guild it should be easier and even encouraged.

I agree on spirit spamming not being overpowered too. Sure it is used by every class in the game atm except for the melee ones but it's not game breaking. When Kami and I went to farm the molten eye during the scavenger hunt we found that we were both SoS spammers, on necro and ranger. With SoS almost every class in the game can solo farm a lot but that doesn't mean that it's invulnerable. The rits takes the biggest hit from this cause most groups expect the rit to be SoS spammer so no room for other builds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:20 am

I like using my Rit and I don't want to see many changes. But I've seen other random classes do the Spirit Spamming thing. I've actually had to fight to BE the spirit spammer against a random ranger once as a Rit. And while it doesn't affect me that folks are using this to solo farm (meaning I don't care if you do or not), the fact that it is being used as much as it is by so many classes either means it might be too easy or too strong.

If a change comes, I think one that doesn't hurt spirits for Rits would be idea. Maybe make Spawning power increase damage too. And make the spirits weaker. That way the spirits are weaker for non-rits and stay the same for Rits because of Spawning power.

I never knew Tactics was so unpopular with Warriors. I don't play one. Tactics is actually the only thing about Warriors I don't hate. The whole 'tank' role should go back to the Warrior. And the Tactics line should enable it, not just support it. I won't get into a Warrior rant but warriors should be all about crown control, tanking, Tactics 16 and not trying to kill things with their attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:04 am

I use Tactics when I run Discord, for Watch Yourselves, but other than that, it's only for a few strange builds which are very specialized. Strength is much more common, because if you use a weapon, you want Strength too, and since Strength is also used for tanking, you never go with Tactics.

And even my warrior has used spirit spamming, to win the Norn Fighting Tournament and do some solo farming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valynn Lionhart on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:03 am

Scienter, I agree with everything you said 100%.

Moonarch

Female Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by SAL on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:08 am

scienter wrote:I like using my Rit and I don't want to see many changes. But I've seen other random classes do the Spirit Spamming thing. I've actually had to fight to BE the spirit spammer against a random ranger once as a Rit. And while it doesn't affect me that folks are using this to solo farm (meaning I don't care if you do or not), the fact that it is being used as much as it is by so many classes either means it might be too easy or too strong.
If a change comes, I think one that doesn't hurt spirits for Rits would be idea. Maybe make Spawning power increase damage too. And make the spirits weaker. That way the spirits are weaker for non-rits and stay the same for Rits because of Spawning power.
I don't think Ritualists will be nerfed, specifically because of a reason you bring up; that you can't take a whole team of ritualists spamming the same skills together. This limits the number of viable offensive ritualist slots in a PvE team, and effectively ensures that they won't become the only class used in teams, like Assassin has gotten dangerously close to being right now in some areas.

I never knew Tactics was so unpopular with Warriors. I don't play one. Tactics is actually the only thing about Warriors I don't hate. The whole 'tank' role should go back to the Warrior. And the Tactics line should enable it, not just support it. I won't get into a Warrior rant but warriors should be all about crown control, tanking, Tactics 16 and not trying to kill things with their attacks.
Tactics is pretty much useless in PvE, and has been for quite a while. All the most effective tanking builds use Strength, as well as usually a secondary class attribute, like Healing Prayers or Earth Magic. The main focus of Tactics is defensive stances, which sounds like it would be a great benefit to tanking. But in reality, these are generally ineffective at negating non-physical types of damage at all, and also have way too short of a duration to be very useful even against most physical damage, due to a long-ago nerfing of them because of PvP issues. Restoring their original longer durations would help, but I think that in the game the way it is now, they probably need to improve Tactics even more in order for it to be useful in PvE again.

Moonarch
Moonarch

Male Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top