GW2 Manifesto

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GW2 Manifesto

Post by SAL on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am

There's a new "Guild Wars 2 Manifesto" up on the site. Click HERE or my signature to go there.

Not really much new information, but some of the new gameplay footage looks interesting. Here's some points to note (but watch the video first if you don't want to read spoilers about it):

- It looks like the Asura can actually go inside their Golem robots this time, which seems pretty cool. I'm expecting it to maybe function sort of like using Worms or Seige Devourers in GW1, but hopefully more fun and less limited.
- The Charr are still the only ones I see using guns, which supports my assumption that gun skills are going to be part of the Charr race skills, rather than linked to any of the classes/professions.
- One of the cities shown in the video really resembles Kaineng to me. It might just be a coincidence though, since I find it doubtful that they would include Cantha in the initial release of the game (and even if they did, it would seem strange for Kaineng to look so unchanged so far in the future).
- It looks like Margonites are making a comeback, with what seems like a Margonite dragon and some Margonite Charr-ish looking things running around near the end of the video.

Moonarch
Moonarch

Male Gemini Dragon

http://serenitymoon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GW2 Manifesto

Post by Fink Dixel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Spiffy Stuff right there. I jsut wish It'd come out =[... We are inching closer though... and I hope my computer will run it

"That guy could sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo"
Fink Dixel
Moon Born
Moon Born

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fink Dixel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Though I am very unsure if Fink will be a Ranger or a Warrior in Guild Wars 2

"That guy could sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo"
Fink Dixel
Moon Born
Moon Born

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Those aren't Margonites. Margonites are servants of Abaddon, and Abaddon was destroyed in Guild Wars Nightfall. Judging by how those monsters were similar to the dragon, I think they are it's servants. I believe it was one of the elder dragons, which is much of the plot of Guild Wars 2. I think that particular dragon is Zhaitan, as he conscripted those he killed into an undead army. That looks sort of undeady (is that a word?) to me. However, it does not fit the concept art of any of the dragons. For more information on the elder dragons check out this website: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 pm

That is not one of the elder dragons but The Shatterer.

Also, no elder dragons appeared in the video (not even the one at the end).

ArenaNet confirmed this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Okay, that looks right, but those still aren't Margonites. This Webpage says they are probably servants of Kralkatorrik:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonbrand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:16 pm

They talk a fair amount about it in the Guild Wars novel as one of the major characters in both the book and the game have been greatly affected by the dragon Kralkatorrik and his servant The Shatterer.

They go into pretty great detail about what the Dragonbrand is like and the affects it had on those that are caught in the brand's magic. It acted in a very similar fashion as the Jade Wind for Factions. What's more is that it will be very interesting to look into the character whose life was changed by the brand.

(Small Spoilers)

The character essentially changes upon seeing some of their comrades fall to the Dragonbrand (Which is big by the way as this thing extends in a long line from the Charr Homelands all the way into the Crystal Desert.). After which they decide to start their own organization called The Vigil, which the players in Guild Wars 2 can join if they so feel inclined. The Vigil itself is a group of mercenaries that have devoted themselves to striking down all elder dragons and their armies by force.

(Spoiler End)

Long story short, the novel is pretty sweet and would suggest reading it, I am just about to the half-way point and have to say it is pretty sweet and I have learned a lot more about Guild Wars 2 believe it or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Okay so the Shatterer serves the elder dragon, okay.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum